Wigbert had early contact to electronic music by his older brother. So he started DJing at the age of thirteen. When he was fifteen years old he took part in an DJ contest and covered the third place. At this time he mainly played Tech-House and Progressive-Trance.
During his personal development Wigbert collected many impressions and it lasted some time till he found his own style. On this way he was musically influenced by many famous artists like Sven Väth, Anthony Rother, Carl Cox, Depeche Mode or Kraftwerk.
He tried his first productions in the year 2003. The label Technoline was interested in the young talent and his first record „Revolution EP“ appeared in 2004. It reached the second place in the Web-Records Techno-Charts for eight weeks.
In autumn 2006 Wigbert and his brother established their own label wich is called „May Recordings“. The first vinyl they published was Wigbert’s second release „Play the music EP“.
He often worked with different artists to inspire each other. In the last years He was in search of his own individual style. Wigbert likes to find a combination between House, Tech-House, Techno and Minimal. He has many ideas and he takes as much time as possible for his productions. His precision and the passion to electronic music the audience can always hear.
In 2010, with many influences in his life, he made a relaunch of his Label May Recordings with a new (Homepage) Design, Logo and fresh style of music. With his partner, the radiostation AFK Max Klangraum, he started his monthly label show „May Recordings Night“ in the local radio AFK Max in Nuremberg, Germany.
In the second half of 2011, Wigbert started a new music project. While working in his studio his new project “Wigbert” with different, interesting sound was born. And now, together with his new music project, he also plans a new label-project: Soño Vivo!
His first single „Locean Damour“ Wigbert published in November 2011 on the new imprint Soño Vivo. With Remixsupport from Pascal Feos, Frank Leicher and Remerc the label quickly became noted. A short time later another vinyl with the title „Feeling EP“ including a Basti Grub Remix appeared on Matt Star`s label Mainakustik. After that the first gigs as Live-Act followed.
At the beginning of 2012 Wigbert started a music project together with Matt Star. The two shared their knowledge among each other and they tried diffenrent things. In summer 2012
one of their first productions was published on Movida Records.
Wigbert`s debut on the label Level Non Zero Recordings appeared in august 2012. Until then the „What is This EP“ was his greatest success and in many vinylshops it reached a placement in the top 10. Wigbert got acclaim fort his EP from artists like Nick Curly, Ramon Tapia, &ME, Frank Lorber, Mihai Popoviciu, Carlo Lio or Delano Smith.
His next single „Things“ Wigbert published at year-end on his label Soño Vivo. Releasedate was in october 2012. Positive feedbacks of many people arrived Wigbert and finally he got an invitation to the legendary radio show „youFM Clubnight“ (formerly hr3 clubnight).
- Wigbert – Locean Damour (incl. Pascal FEOS & Frank Leicher and Remerc Remix)/ Soño Vivo
- Wigbert – Feeling; Unreachable (incl. Basti Grub Remix)/ Mainakustik
- Wigbert – Pianistik/ Mainakustik
- Wigbert – Ambience/ Meleon Music
- Wigbert – Kara Kara / Mainrecords
- Matt Star & Wigbert – Cube (incl. Dorian Paic Remix) / Movida Records
- Wigbert – What is this EP (incl. Pascal FEOS edit) / levelNONzero Recordings
- Wigbert – Things (incl Chris Wood Remix) / Soño Vivo
- Wigbert – One Morning / Meleon Music
- Wigbert – Own Way (incl. Rmxs by Guido Schneider, Jacuzzi Boys, Danilo Schneider, Sonartek & Andrea Landi) / Soño Vivo (coming soon)
- Wigbert – Want you EP (incl. Luca Agnelli Remix) / Roots and Wings (coming soon)
- Wigbert – Homeboy / WirrWarr (coming soon)
- Gary Optim – Seed (Wigbert Remix) / Enough!
- Jacopo Corazza – Colombia (Wigbert’s smooth remix) / May Rec.
- Die Haustiere – Aloa (Wigbert Remix) / Popart Music
- Locke – For J (Wigbert Remix) / Spur Recordings
- Luc Miles – Rugiada (Wigbert Remix) / Soño Vivo
- Jonn Melchiat & K.atou – Invisible (Matt Star & Wigbert Remix) / Soño Vivo
- Pascal Feos – Sex on Beat (Wigbert Remix) / levelNONzero (coming soon)
- Metrica – The Earth from the Moon (Wigbert Remix) / Mainakustik (coming soon)